The practice is headed by Dr. Sheena Mathew, a Family Physician, who completed her 4-year Family Medicine speciality at the University of Stellenbosch and her medical degree at the University of Witwatersrand. Dr. Mathew has been in medical practice for more than 15 years during which time she has worked in the South African public and private sector as well as at a private hospital in the United Kingdom (London).
She has considerable expertise in managing patients at both a primary care level and district hospital level. She enjoys the clinical diversity of being able to manage paediatric, psychiatric and general medical patients. In addition to managing medical patients, she is also skilled at managing obstetric patients requiring cesarean sections, conducting general anesthesia and performing minor surgical procedures such as wound suturing, abscess drainage and excisions.
Although she has trained mainly in western medicine she firmly believes in the benefits of nutrition and natural medicine to optimize and maintain one’s health. Her unique approach of combining both western and eastern philosophies of medical care results in the distinguished quality of care that her patient’s value.
- Qualifications: MBBCh (Wits) FCFP (SA)
- Years in practice: Since 2002
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- CTG workshop, Imperial College London and Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology University of Cape Town
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS)
- Surgical skills workshop, Department of Surgery, University of Cape Town
- Introduction to Obstetric Ultrasound competence workshop, University of Stellenbosch
- Essential Steps in Managing Obstetric Emergencies (ESMOE) workshop