As from 11 January 2021, Blouberg Family Practice will be offering a drive-through COVID-19 testing facility at our practice. We have launched the drive-through testing facility to alleviate long waiting periods patients are experiencing in order to be tested and make the process less overwhelming by having it done from the safety of your car. Please follow the guidelines below:
Should you be experiencing any of the following flu like symptoms please contact Blouberg Family Practice on 021 023 0480 to make an appointment.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
COVID -19 Testing will be strictly by telephonic appointment only. You will be allocated a 15-minute time slot. Documentation will be emailed to you to complete before your appointment. Please complete all your personal details and contact list details in full before emailing it back to Des on firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your appointment. If you are not able to do this, please make sure that all completed documentation is brought with on the day of your appointment.
The cost of the drive-through COVID-19 test is R1150. This includes the Pathcare PCR swab cost (R850) and our administration costs (R300). Payment for the test can be made by EFT before your appointment or by debit/credit card and cash at the facility on the day.
- When you arrive, park, and wait in the car till Des comes to assist you.
- Please make sure you arrive with a mask on.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser to clean your hands properly.
- All your completed documentation must be handed to Des. Please make sure that your cell phone number is filled in correctly, as the laboratory will sms your result to this number.
- Dr Mathew will take a sample from inside the back of your throat or nose using a swab. This may cause mild discomfort, watery eyes, gagging and tingling sensations in your nose/throat, but will not be painful.
- You will be required to self-isolate at home till your results are available. If your results are positive you will need to self-isolate for 10 days or seek medical admission if your condition is deteriorating.